Heidi Lewis serves as an Attorney & Counselor at Law with Smith Strong, PLC in Richmond and Williamsburg, Virginia, meeting with clients each week in both locations. Heidi practices in the areas of family law, estate planning, estate administration, and probate matters.
Heidi graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Law and earned her undergraduate degree in American Political History from Davidson College in North Carolina. Heidi was born and raised in Essex, Vermont but now resides in Williamsburg with her husband.
Heidi has built a reputation as a trusted counsel for divorce, custody, estate planning, estate administration, and probate clients over several years with Smith Strong, PLC.
Heidi has experience in client communication and advocacy. During the summer following her first year of law school, she interned at a firm that represents indigent clients accused of federal drug crimes. She also worked with the firm to defend the constitutional rights of convicted felons detained beyond their prison sentences under the Adam Walsh Act.
During the summer after her second year of law school, Heidi worked with a firm that specialized in bankruptcy proceedings and estate planning. She collaborated with clients to determine the best legal course of action to address the clients’ needs. Heidi has a passion for working with clients to meet their individual goals in order to achieve the best outcome possible in every situation.
In her free time, Heidi enjoys reading, watercolor and acrylic painting, running, watching Clemson football, and spending time with her husband.
J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law
Articles Editor, North Carolina Journal of International Law
Staff Member, North Carolina Law Review
B.A., American Political History, Davidson College
JURISDICTION ADMITTED TO PRACTICE: Commonwealth of Virginia
Other facts about Heidi:
- Studied abroad in England, Egypt, Greece, Germany, France, Italy, and Turkey
- Has written scholarly articles on a wide range of topics including civil commitment, cultural property and the human body, antebellum literary addresses, and comparative constitutional theory
- Undergraduate thesis entitled Chisholm v. Georgia & McCulloch v. Maryland: The Supreme Court, Sovereignty, and Public Discourse analyzed the American public’s response to Supreme Court cases
- Enjoys watching historical documentaries
Premier Family Law, Divorce & Child Custody Representation
- Divorce, Matrimonial Law, Family Law
- Litigation in Trial Courts
- Negotiated Settlements
- Collaborative Law
- Premarital and Postnuptial Agreements
- Marital Settlement Agreements & Separation Agreements
- Child Custody, Visitation & Support
- Spousal Support & Alimony
- Integrated Solutions for Wealth Management & Preservation
- Parentage & Paternity Cases
- Retirement Plans & Benefits
- Property Division and Distribution
- Business Valuation
- Military divorce
- Post-Divorce Disputes
- Child/Parent Relocation Cases
Estate Planning, Estate Administration, & Probate Matters
- Will & Trust Estate Planning
- Estate Administration of Wills and Trusts
- Probate throughout Virginia Courts
- Power of Attorney, Advance Medical Directives, Living Wills
- International Estate Planning and Administration