You deserve a personal, boutique family law and estate planning firm for life’s greatest transition points: separation/divorce; estate planning/retirement; and elder law/avoiding unnecessary nursing home and long term care costs. And your family, your financial security, and possibly your children’s futures, at this moment, frankly requires a personal approach.
Family law and estate planning are simply different and more deeply personal, than other areas of legal practice. It requires an outstanding knowledge of Virginia’s laws and the court system, as well as the emotional intelligence and discretion to handle delicate family law and estate planning subjects.
- Disciplined: We begin working on your case from day one and update you on the progress of your legal matter each week. We answer our phones, calling you back the same day; all emails are responded to within 24 hours or less.
- Team Approach: We are the only law firm we know that meets as an entire firm, 3 days each week, to review each client matter to ensure success.
- Integrity: We will make a concerted effort to keep you, your family, and your finances out of the courtroom - if we can achieve a fair and reasonable outcome out of court through discreet settlement
- Honest: More important than the flat fee or billable hourly rate is the honesty of the attorney and team. Our 5-star client reviews, the highest number in the region, speak to our results and fees.
- Award-Winning: For the last seven years, and counting, our attorneys have received numerous awards, including Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Stars and Virginia Business Magazine’s Legal Elite designation.
- Technology: One client, who is a local business executive, remarked, “Smith Strong is an Apple product in a very ‘PC’ legal market.” We pride ourselves on being cloud-based, wireless, and tech-driven since our founding - and it shows.
- Giving Back: Smith Strong is proud to volunteer and financially support many local non-profits, community organizations, and churches including Project Hope: providing free medical care to leprosy patients in Ethiopia; the Parson’s Cause Foundation, Inc: A Hanover, Virginia based history programming group; CrossOver Healthcare Ministry: provides 6,500 Richmond area residents with free healthcare; and Historic Richmond Foundation: focused on preservation of historic architecture and history in central Virginia.