We will work alongside your accountant and financial advisor to make sure your trust, or your parent’s trust, is properly administered and distributed to the next generation.
These meetings often begin with “Ok, now what do I do?” meetings with Executors or Trustees for a recently passed loved one.
Simple action steps with clear instructions are welcomed while dealing with the loss of a loved one, and the need to ensure a proper transition of assets. Allow our boutique law firm to assist your family in a personal way.
If you have just been appointed as Executor or Trustee, keep in mind that we will need to discuss the following action steps:
- Accounting for the Decedent’s assets
- Satisfying the final debts, taxes, and expenses
- Completing probate
- Asset/Debt accountings with the Commissioner of Accounts
- Federal and state tax returns
- Facilitating the Buy-Sell Agreement of a business
- Family meeting regarding inherited assets
- Giving assets to the named beneficiaries
Please call Van Smith’s assistant at 804.325.1245 or 757.941.4298 to schedule your executor/trustee advisory consultation, or complete the Contact Us message on this page.
Trust Administration Library: