In honor of his son George, Attorney Van Smith is hosting a free seminar on the “2 Phases of Estate Planning: A Secure Retirement & Avoid Going Broke in a Nursing Home,” which he’s calling THE GEORGE SEMINAR. Attend for the “George” in your life.
ATTEND “THE GEORGE SEMINAR” ON THE 2 PHASES OF ESTATE PLANNING: A SECURE RETIREMENT & AVOID GOING BROKE IN A NURSING HOME—FREE!
- HOST & EDUCATOR: H. Van Smith, Attorney & Founder of Smith Strong, PLC
- When: Where: Smith Strong, PLC, Conference Room, 3111 Northside Avenue, Richmond, VA 23228.
Wednesday, March 20th 6:00-7:30PM
Friday, March 22nd 1:30-3:00PM
Wednesday, April 10th 6:00-7:30PM
Friday, April 19th 1:30-3:00PM
Wednesday, May 1st 6:00-7:30PM
Friday, May 17th 1:30-3:00PM
Wednesday, May 29th 6:00-7:30PM
Friday, June 14th 1:30-3:00PM
Wednesday, June 26th 6:00-7:30PM
- RSVP: Sign up using the online form below!
- Or call 804.325.1245 or 757.941.4298 and note you would like to sign up for Van’s seminar on Estate Planning.
What & Why:
Van's estate planning seminar, (normally $295) will be held for an intimate group of 12 people. You may choose from the dates listed above and below on the online sign up form—advance registration is required, but it is 100% free. The seminar should last about an hour, followed by questions.
Each attendee will receive a special gift, as well as easy-to-follow handouts on what to do next to ensure your estate plan meets your goals for a secure retirement, and what to do before you place any loved one in a nursing home or long term care facility.
Is It Time To Protect Your Assets with an Estate Plan?
Discover how you can avoid these classic estate planning mistakes:
- Nursing Home Costs: Protect your assets from $8,000 per month in nursing home bills. Learn why traditional estate plans won’t help and the type of plan that will.
- Divorce: How to safeguard your children’s inheritance from divorce. Imagine 50% of your assets walking out the door with your ex in-law!
- Remarriage: What blended families must do right away to avoid disinheriting each other and/or their separate children.
- Money Worries: Learn how to preserve your IRA or 401k—keep in mind most adult children will spend your IRA within 6 months of your death (unless you plan)!
- Incapacity: Avoid a publicly humiliating and expensive guardianship proceeding if you become legally incapacitated or disabled.
- Family Dynamics: How to plan for special needs kids and grandkids, and how to bulletproof your children’s inheritances from debts, taxes, lawsuits, medical expenses, and irresponsible lifestyles.
- Probate: How to avoid potential delays of 1 year or more and how to eliminate or minimize substantial court, attorney and executor fees.
Reserve your spot by signing up below. Or call 804.325.1245 to register for the seminar by phone. Space is limited on a first come, first serve basis.