Van's Recommended Reading
While we handle your family law matter, you may find some of these books helpful. Each is currently available on Amazon.com; we also love supporting our local, independent bookshops (like Fountain or Black Swan in Richmond, Mermaid in Williamsburg, or Blue Whale in Charlottesville).
- Crazy Time by Abigail Trafford
- Living from the Inside Out by Teresa McAlister Adams
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- God Calling by A.J. Russell, Ed.
- How to Make Love All the Time by Barbara DeAngelis, Ph.D.
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- Mars & Venus Starting Over by John Gray, Ph.D.
- There’s Hope After Divorce by Jeenie Gordon
- Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom
- The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People by Harold S. Kushner
- When the Vow Breaks by Joseph Warren Kniskern
Books On Divorce After The Age Of 50
- Divorce After 50: Your Guide to the Unique Legal & Financial Challenges by Janice Green
- Calling It Quits: Late-Life Divorce and Starting Over by Deirdre Bair
- He’s History, You’re Not: Surviving Divorce After 40 by Erica Manfred
- Widows and Divorcees in Later Life: On Their Own Again by Carol L Jenkins
- A Man’s Feelings: Finding Closure After Divorce by Michael L. Eads
Special thanks to preeminent Mississippi family law attorney Mark Chinn for originally compiling this list of reading materials.