Moving to a new city or state can give a parent a fresh start and a much-needed change of scenery.  However, when a move occurs, parents often want to amend the child custody order. 

This can prove to be very tricky, but it is possible with methodical legal planning. Parents will need to make a thorough case for explaining why the move is beneficial for their lifestyle, job prospects, support network, or other reasons.  It is a good idea to meet with an attorney to develop your case before requesting an amendment of the custody order.   


H. Van Smith
Connect with me
Trusted Virginia Attorney Serving Richmond to Williamsburg